We dewelop with Progressive Web Apps
By now, you’ve probably heard that Progressive Web Apps are the future of all mankind. They’ll bring world peace, end hunger, save the rainbows and unicorns, bring balance to the force, and a whole lot more. In the process, they might even push the mobile web forward, bring parity to web and native apps, and help mobile developers reach more users beyond the confines of the app stores.
But what are Progressive Web Apps, exactly? See the video below.
Native app store apps do things like send push notifications, work offline, look and feel like an app (as Apple and Google have imagined them), load on the homescreen, and so on and so forth. Mobile Web Apps accessed in a mobile browser, by comparison, historically haven’t done those things. Progressive Web Apps fix that with new Web APIs, new design concepts, and new buzzwords.
Progressive Web Apps are:
- Reliable - Load instantly and never show the downasaur, even in uncertain network conditions.
- Fast - Respond quickly to user interactions with silky smooth animations and no janky scrolling.
- Engaging - Feel like a natural app on the device, with an immersive user experience.
This new level of quality allows Progressive Web Apps to earn a place on the user's home screen.
Building a high-quality Progressive Web App has incredible benefits, making it easy to delight your users, grow engagement and increase conversions.
- Worthy of being on the home screen
- Work reliably, no matter the network conditions
- Increased engagement
- Improved conversions